Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Dreams of a marble bathroom and linen curtains.

This awful GERM! I went from a cold to losing my voice (my children LOVED this) to a fever and aches to a sinus infection. What next....???
Today
Finally
I feel almost better.
So because I have been "out of the loop" so to speak and have gotten NOTHING done except work and sleep, I was a crazy girl last night. I ripped apart my boys bathroom and scrubbed it to death. Comet and bleach and bubbles! Oh that avocado green tile is soooo sparkly!
Then I had dreams of painting the bathroom.
White.
Clean bright white.
Dreams of ripping that awful tile out and replacing it with white carrera marble.
Marble on the floor, around the tub, on the counter....
Like this!


Sigh, this will have to wait for another day.
So when I awoke from this marvelous dream I had to refocus to current projects.
Namely, half sewn linen curtains and a half done dining room.
How many days till Thanksgiving?
So, I got to work and finished ONE panel!
Yes, I said one.
Only three to go.
It went something like this:

1. Hand pleat a ruffle



2. Sew ruffle on to panel



3. Add liner, 2 inch header and 4 inch hem



4.Hang on super cute vintage swing curtain rods from grandma's house! They were a dark metal but I sprayed them antique white to match bedroom. I LOVE spray paint.



Only three more to go!
I'll keep you posted.

4 comments:

  1. I think I can I think I can - they're going to be great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Laurel. I will think of you cheering me on as my sewing machine chugs along!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We just moved into a little house with those swing out rods on all the windows...I had no clue what they are...How interesting...

    ReplyDelete