Tuesday, November 3, 2009

The beginning.


902 Woodrow. My grandparents address. A very adorable Cape Cod full of interesting and incredibly fancy (to me) items. China, silver, marble and warm glowing wood pieces. As a child I was always in awe when we went to grandmas. There was a music room! (the piano lived here) Many many books-Grandma loved to read. The colors were soft yellows, greys, mineral greens and blues. The entryway floor was SLATE! As I read what I have written it sounds like it was imposing. Quite the contrary. This was a small and cozy home. It FELT grand and lived in. Nothing was off limits. Every space was used.
Fast forward a few years and now I have my own nest to feather. Many of grandma's pieces have come to live with us and we are trying to create a fresh new way of loving them.
I will be adding pictures shortly on current projects and what is happening at our space. Check back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment